Thursday, May 27, 2010

Where Do I Begin?

I started this blog about a year ago for a class I was taking. Being that I am an aspiring journalist – which is pretty obvious – maintaining a blog should’ve been a necessity for me. It would’ve kept my writing skills sharp and I would have full control over the content I posted. There was just one tiny problem.

I’m lazy.

Now you may ask, why am I (re)- launching the blog if I’m lazy? Well, if you must know, my former editor and co-worker, Joe Stueve, told me my writing skills were wack. Or something along those lines, sometimes I just hear what I want to hear. But I digress, Joe told me I should start blogging and I thought, Well that wouldn’t be such a bad idea if my life wasn’t so devastatingly boring. Whether that be the case, I know for me to continue to grow as a writer, I must continually develop my voice as one and the only way to do that is by writing.

So, this blog will be about my journey. To wherever this laptop leads me and whoever happens to read this blog will be along for the ride. I plan to touch on a range of topics, but the blog is for me to improve as a writer and keep track of that progress.

For all those who visit the site, be critical, yet encouraging. Any advice you have, I’m open to it. Because at the bare minimum, I want to be a better writer than Joe Stueve, which in my opinion wouldn’t be so bad.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kamari. :) Glad to see you're writing again! Just remember your editing skills ("Joe told I should start...") and your punctuation usage ("this blog, about a year ago, for..."). You've got a lot of good stuff to say. Remember to keep track of the way you say it.

    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meagan. It's much appreciated

    ReplyDelete